cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera Community

Custom prerequisites source directory

0 3 3608
Hi there,What is the purpose of the ISSetupLocation column in the ISSetupPrerequisites table? I can't seem to find any documentation on it.I'm looking for a way to pull setup prerequisites from a custom external directory -- one that is not "ISSetupP...
by twinsky Level 2

install mysql with options

0 5 3738
Hi,I want to install mysql with my install package but I want to provide an option:Install MySQL: Yes or Noso if Yes then it will install MySQL on the local machine as silent install?can you please guide?
by jrahma Level 6

XCopy error 0x80070003

0 5 6645
When attempting to use XCopyFile to copy files to a backup folder, I get this error code (0x80070003 - The system cannot find the file specified). This only happens if I have files with the following characters in their filename:ß䵘Removing all file...
by bytesmaster Level 3

Editing InstallScript files in Notepad++

1 19 16493
Hi all,As I really hate the buggy InstallScript editor of InstallShield, especially the Find and Replace functionalities, I am quite tempted to use Notepad++ instead.Moreover, the InstallScript editor really lacks a "Find in files" or a "Find in proj...
by Reureu Level 10

IDE requires administrator privileges

0 4 4943
Is there a way to run the InstallShield IDE without elevating the privileges under Vista and Windows 7?Main reasons that we wish to run "as invoker" and not "as administrator":1. Security - InstallShield development environment connects to the intern...
by ilengyel Level 2

Progress Bar Empty during execution of CustomAction

0 2 2366
I am using InstallShield 2010 and mine is a Basic MSI project.I couldn't find a way to show progress bar during the execution of custom action. I am able to display text on top of progress bar using ActionText. CustomAction is placed after InstallFin...
by Not applicable